NOTE: Before you begin setting up a Zoom web meeting in Moodle, you must have a Zoom account. If you do not have an LSUA Zoom account, request one by emailing the Zoom Administrator, email@example.com. In addition, you must add the Zoom External Tool to your Moodle course before creating a web meeting.
Once you have successful created a Zoom account and have added the external tool to your course, follow the steps below to create a web meeting.
1. Click on your Zoom external tool link in your Moodle course.
2. On the next screen, click Schedule a New Meeting.
3. Next, fill out the required fields to configure your meeting.
- Topic – Add the title of your Zoom Meeting here. This will show to participants.
- Description – Add a description of your activity. This information will show to participants.
- When – Set the month, date, year and minute of your Zoom meeting.
- Duration – Set how long your meeting will last.
- Recurring meeting – This is where you can set up recurring meetings. For instance, if you have regularly scheduled office hours.
- Video – Choose whether the host’s video should be on or off when entering the web meeting.
- Audio – Choose whether participants can join the meeting by phone, over the computer, or use both options. We highly recommend you leave the audio on “Both”.
- Meeting Options – These options can be left unchecked. You will have the option to record the meeting once you launch it.
- Alternative Hosts – The alternative host option allows you to schedule meetings and designate another Pro user on the same account to start the meeting or webinar, if you are unable to. This user will receive an email notifying them that they’ve been added as an alternative host, with a link to start the meeting.
- Click Save to save your meeting.
4. To return to your list of meetings, click Course meetings from the breadcrumb at the top left of the screen.
If you have any questions about setting up a Zoom meeting, contact IET at firstname.lastname@example.org.